How to Change Skins in Minecraft for Every Platform
How to Change Skins in Minecraft for Every Platform – Do you want to give your Minecraft avatar a unique look? Whether you want to transform into a Roman gladiator, an alien robot, or a Marvel superhero, changing skins in Minecraft is the way to go. In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of changing skins on different platforms.
How to Change a Skin in Minecraft Bedrock
If you’re playing Minecraft Bedrock Edition on PC, Mac, or Linux, you have the option to upload custom skins or choose from preset skins available in the in-game store. To change your skin, follow these steps:
File Size: Calculating... MB
1. Download a custom skin from a website like Minecraft Skindex or NameMC. If you prefer preset skins, you can skip this step.
2. Launch Minecraft and select “Dressing Room” below your character on the home screen.
3. On the left side, click on the “Classic Skins” icon (the green coat hanger). Alternatively, you can select the “Character Creator” icon to purchase outfits and accessories for your character.
4. If you see a notification about how classic skins work, check the box beside “Don’t show this again” and select “OK”.
5. To use preset skins, choose one of the free skins and select “Equip” to apply it. If you want more options, select “Get More Skins” to open the store.
6. To upload a custom skin, select the gray figure under “Owned Skins” and click on “Choose New Skin”. Locate and select the file for your custom skin to upload it. The skin will then be selectable under “Owned Skins”. You can add more skins by selecting “Choose New Skin”.
7. Your uploaded skins will appear in the Character Editor, allowing you to quickly switch between them in the future. When you return to the start screen, you should see your new avatar. Select “Dressing Room” whenever you want to change it.
How to Change a Skin in Minecraft Java
Changing skins in the Java edition of Minecraft requires uploading custom skins to your profile on the Minecraft website. Here’s how you can do it:
1. Download a custom skin from a website like Minecraft Skindex or NameMC.
2. In a web browser, go to Minecraft.net and log in to your Minecraft account.
3. On the left side, select “My Game”, then scroll down and choose “Change Skin” under “Minecraft Java Edition”.
4. Choose a body type.
5. Scroll down and select “Select File”, then locate and select the file for your skin.
6. Click on “Upload”. Your skin will be applied automatically the next time you start the game.
7. If you want to change your skin again, return to the Minecraft website and select “Reset Skin”.
How to Change Skins in Minecraft Pocket Edition
Changing skins in the mobile version of Minecraft for Android or iOS is similar to changing skins in Minecraft Bedrock Edition. Follow these steps:
1. If you want a custom skin, download it from a site like Minecraft Skindex or NameMC. The mobile version is compatible with all their skins. If you’re okay with preset skins, you can skip this step.
2. Launch Minecraft and tap the coat hanger below your character on the start screen.
3. Tap the gray figure under “Default” to upload a custom skin. If you prefer preset options, tap one of them (note that some in-game skins may require real money).
4. Tap “Choose New Skin”. Locate and select the file for the custom skin you want to upload, and choose a body type.
5. Tap “Confirm” to apply the new skin. Your new avatar should be visible on the start screen.
How to Change Minecraft Skins on Consoles
The steps for changing skins in Minecraft on PlayStation, Xbox, or Switch are the same as changing skins in the Bedrock edition. The only difference is that you can’t upload custom skins; you can only choose from the in-game store. Here’s how:
1. Select “Dressing Room” on the home screen to get started.
2. Browse the available skins and select the one you like. You can explore different categories and find the perfect skin for your character.
3. Once you’ve chosen a skin, select “Equip” to apply it.
That’s it! Now you know how to change skins in Minecraft on various platforms. Have fun customizing your avatar and creating your unique Minecraft experience.
Are there any other ways to customize my Minecraft avatar?
Yes, you can also explore the Character Creator icon in Minecraft Bedrock Edition to purchase outfits and accessories for your character.
Where can I find more Minecraft skins?
You can find more Minecraft skins on websites like Minecraft Skindex or NameMC. They offer a wide range of custom skins compatible with different Minecraft versions.
Can I switch between different skins in the future?
Yes, in Minecraft Bedrock Edition and Java Edition, you can switch between different skins easily. Your uploaded skins will appear in the Character Editor or Minecraft.net page, allowing you to quickly change your avatar’s appearance.